Our dedicated lawyers are passionate about family law. Benefit from our team’s collective experience, as our lawyers routinely consult with each other to develop creative solutions.
Our lawyers have varying areas of expertise, experience and working styles to provide you with options to best meet your needs.
Speak with our Intake Coordinator to find out which lawyer is right for you.
Ronnie Foley, Paralegal
(403) 269-7300 ext.117
Lonny L. Balbi, Q.C. is a lawyer who actively practices in Family Law. He is an accredited Family Mediator, Arbitrator and Collaborative Family Lawyer. As a member of the Federal Advisory Working Group on Family Law in Ottawa, he is one of a group of select experts who advised the Department of Justice on the implementation of the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines released in January, 2005.
Yvonne Smith, Legal Assistant
(403) 269-7300 ext.106
Ceri Chwieros received her law degree from the University of Alberta in 1997 and was called to the Alberta Bar in 1998. She has been working with Balbi & Company in the area of family law since 2000. Ceri has participated in mediations, Judicial Dispute Resolutions, and is an avid fan of the Dispute Resolution Officer program. She has also represented clients at Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal.
Gabriel Miller, Legal Assistant
(403) 269-7300 ext.121
Lily believes in meeting adversity with purpose and resilience. This philosophy drives her approach to resolution, practical advice and zealous representation. For her clients, this means increased clarity, understanding and confidence as they move through the resolution process. Growing up in South Africa spurred Lily’s passion for advocacy and justice. Now, a long-time Calgarian and University of Calgary graduate, she applies that passion to help families protect what they care about most.
Our lawyers share a practice philosophy and passion for what they do. They are also all explorers. Here are a few fun facts about our lawyers:
- If they had not become lawyers, they would have been a social worker, a park ranger, a director and an entrepreneur.
- They are all explorers, who love being outside. They enjoy camping, hiking, cycling and travel.
- These four goals are straight off their bucket lists: retrace the steps of the Beatles, write a book, go on a remote family backpacking trip, and volunteer with a rescue organization.
- Lonny L. Balbi, Q.C. taught one of our lawyers in law school.
- They are most proud of their families and their work.