Tera received her law degree from the University of Calgary in 2001 and was called to the Alberta Bar in 2002. Tera has always been most interested in Family Law and was instructed by Lonny Balbi Q.C. in a third year Family Law course. She was awarded the Vallance Prize in Family Law in 2001.
Tera joined Balbi & Company in 2006 and has a passion for finding efficient, family-focused solutions for her clients. Tera is a mediator and registered collaborative family lawyer. She is committed to understanding and advocating her client’s interests primarily through alternative dispute resolution such as negotiation, collaborative settlement meetings, mediation, arbitration and Judicial Dispute Resolution. Tera will also recommend court litigation as a form of resolution when it is appropriate. Tera is a confident and experienced advocate in any forum.
Tera is keenly sensitive to the impact that separation and conflict has on children and works diligently to promote their best interests throughout.
- Registered Collaborative Lawyer, 2013
- Mediation Training, June 2007
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Calgary, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 1997
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (Family Law and Wills & Trusts Subsections)
- Member of the Calgary Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Collaborative Professionals of Alberta (Calgary)
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Outside of practicing, Tera enjoys cooking, reading and being active with her family – camping, hiking, biking, canoeing and travelling.